Description Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2024 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The program also connects participants with management at various levels of the organization and provides an inside view of Northern’s environment and culture. The program structure includes an end-of- program project presentation by the intern to members of Northern’s management team.Distribution Center Operations InternAs an intern at Northern Tool and Equipment distribution center, you will be exposed to not only the daily operations of the DC but to many departments within Northern Tool and Equipment's Corporate Office. You will be assigned a specific project that will not only maximize your potential but add great value to our company!Some of the responsibilities will include:
What you can expect from us:
- Schedule and attend weekly meetings with assigned mentor
- Work independently or in a group setting as needed based on the assigned project
- Attend all meetings required for the internship program and as relates to the assigned project and/or needs of the business
- End of program presentation to members of the management team
What we are seeking in an intern:
- 10-week paid summer internship
- Meaningful project work that will provide value to you and the organization
- Assigned mentor to work with you one-on-one
- Interaction with other interns
- Ability to expand upon your education/knowledge with real-life hands-on career duties and systems use
- Ability to work on a team, as well as own individual responsibilities
- Exposure to Northern’s leadership team
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work onsite full time for the designated 10 weeks
Location: Fort Mill, SC
As a trusted family business, we honor and serve those who do the tough jobs. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding experience to make an impact, apply today!
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to our success. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of background, perspectives, and skills. At this time Northern Tool + Equipment cannot sponsor interns for employment authorization.