Do you love serving customers and providing solutions to meet their needs?
At Northern Tool + Equipment we are committed to serving those who do the tough jobs. Our Team Lead is responsible for greeting and assisting customers, maintaining in-stock merchandise, upholding an organized and clean sales floor, promoting the Northern Tool credit card program, selling extended service protection plans on qualifying items and supporting the management team with day-to-day store operations. Were you Made For This?
- Provide courteous, professional service to best serve the needs of our customers.
- Maintain a neat and orderly store environment including the execution of merchandising, planograms, product displays and stocking shelves.
- Lead by example, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Support store leadership by serving as Manager on Duty (up to 25% of time) and opening and closing the store.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- At least 1 year of retail experience
- Ability to lead, guide and mentor store employees.
- Flexible availability and willingness to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- A love of tools is appreciated but not required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up-to 70 lbs.
- Service-focused mindset
At Northern Tool + Equipment we’ve created a problem-solver’s paradise. A place where both pros who need the perfect tool to expertly finish the job, and do-it-yourselfers, who are looking for the right tool along with a bit of guidance, feel right at home. Our blueprint for success is Made For This. We’re poised to create a world-class customer experience while we strive to enter new markets and drive growth through exceptional customer insight. The plan is well on its way to resounding success, with over 130 retail stores across 24 states, plus a selection of products from the top national brands, and the addition of global manufacturing operations designed to create our own specialized tools and equipment. We’ve always had a way of either seeing what’s next, or defining it, but we need great people to grow along with us. We're looking for people who have the mindset of putting the customer first; team members who are ready to equip every problem solver who walks through our doors with the right tools and advice to tackle the tough jobs well; and individuals who are ready to help us boldly build what’s next.
Recently recognized by Forbes as a Top Midsize Employer in 2023, we proudly offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package to cover healthcare, retirement, and wellness programs to help you be your best self financially and physically.
- Flexible scheduling: Our stores are open 7am–7pm on weekdays and shortened hours on weekends, so you can be home when it counts most.
- 20% discount starting day one!
- Daily Pay: Have the flexibility to be paid daily!
- 401K with Employer Match
- Holiday Pay (Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and Easter)
- Start earning PTO immediately.