Northern Tool + Equipment is seeking a talented Space Planner who will help to improve the merchandising appearance, operations, and inventory replenishment of each retail store through the planogram creation and line review process, and providing stores with information regarding product merchandising, special needs for specific product, new promotional displays, and ongoing competitive issues.
1. Creates and maintains accurate planograms for assigned categories and promotional/seasonal programs.
2. Designs and builds custom fixtures, reports, and layouts, and maintains fixture and product libraries within the Space Planning system.
3. Maintains detailed planogram and product information within the JDA Intactix/Data Manager environment, including product measurements and merchandising styles, planogram assortments, custom versions, etc.
4. Analyzes, reviews, and communicates planogram performance metrics of assigned merchandise categories to assist merchandising teams in making informed decisions.
5. Provides space recommendations based on past performance and identifies and addresses opportunities to maximize sales through optimal usage of selling space in retail stores.
6. Assists with management of Mockup room and product staging areas. Coordinates space allocation for line reviews, oversees incoming and outgoing inventory transfers, and maintains general upkeep and organization for assigned areas.
7. Assists with Floor Planning functions as needed – planogram assignments and placement, etc.
8. Shops competition, as well as relevant retailers, to analyze alternative merchandise presentation and recommends changes and new fixturing ideas as needed.
9. Works at local retail store(s) as needed to set up test runs of large-scale planogram and/or floor plan resets.
What you will bring to the table:
At Northern Tool + Equipment we’ve created a problem-solver’s paradise. A place where both pros who need the perfect tool to expertly finish the job, and do-it-yourselfers, who are looking for the right tool along with a bit of guidance, feel right at home. Our blueprint for success is Made for This. We’re poised to create a world-class customer experience while we strive to enter new markets and drive growth through exceptional customer insight. The plan is well on its way to resounding success, with over 130 retail stores across 24 states, plus a selection of products from the top national brands, and the addition of global manufacturing operations designed to create our own specialized tools and equipment. We’ve always had a way of either seeing what’s next, or defining it, but we need great people to grow along with us. We're looking for people who have the mindset of putting the customer first; team members who are ready to equip every problem solver who walks through our doors with the right tools and advice to tackle the tough jobs well; and individuals who are ready to help us boldly build what’s next.
Recently recognized by Forbes as a Top Midsize Employer in 2023, we proudly offer: