Northern Tool + Equipment is seeking a skilled Strategic Sourcing Specialist responsible for ensuring the availability of raw materials and/or components, aligning with production schedules, meeting cost/value targets, and negotiating advantageous terms while upholding the company's sourcing integrity program.
1. Manage negotiations for MSA’s, VMI, and consignment inventory programs. Identify and secure contracts with top suppliers.
2. Evaluate make or buy options based on factory capacity, delivery, cost, and quality for components.
3. Lead ethical vendor interactions, ensure compliance, and resolve escalated supplier issues.
4. Assess the necessity for single or multi-source vendors for critical materials.
5. Develop strategies for superior supplier performance, train departments on effective supply approaches, and align goals for cost-effective outcomes.
6. Represent the supply chain in sourcing components for VA/VE and new product development.
7. Oversee the incorporation of engineering changes and obsolete items in new projects, minimizing their impact through coordination with relevant departments.
8. Establish strategic purchasing and inventory goals, focusing on cost control and turnover by leveraging business, financial, and operational insights.
9. Ensure vendors are prepared to receive and accommodate forecasting requirements.
What you will bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Supply Chain Management related field.
• At least 2-4 years of related purchasing/product development experience.
• At least 2-4 years of sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of hardline tools and equipment preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of other departments and functions as they relate to product sourcing.
• Strong organizational, communication, and negotiation skills required.
• Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
• Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
• Computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
At Northern Tool + Equipment we’ve created a problem-solver’s paradise. A place where both pros who need the perfect tool to expertly finish the job, and do-it-yourselfers, who are looking for the right tool along with a bit of guidance, feel right at home. Our blueprint for success is Made for This. We’re poised to create a world-class customer experience while we strive to enter new markets and drive growth through exceptional customer insight. The plan is well on its way to resounding success, with over 130 retail stores across 24 states, plus a selection of products from the top national brands, and the addition of global manufacturing operations designed to create our own specialized tools and equipment. We’ve always had a way of either seeing what’s next, or defining it, but we need great people to grow along with us. We're looking for people who have the mindset of putting the customer first; team members who are ready to equip every problem solver who walks through our doors with the right tools and advice to tackle the tough jobs well; and individuals who are ready to help us boldly build what’s next.
Recently recognized by Forbes as a Top Midsize Employer in 2023, we proudly offer:
• A comprehensive benefits package to cover healthcare, retirement, and wellness programs to help you be your best self financially and physically.
• Generous Employee Discount on the products we sell.
• Daily Pay: Have the flexibility to be paid daily!
• 401K with employer match
• Holidays off NTE recognizes 7 federal holidays.