Northern Tool + Equipment is seeking a skilled Systems Administrator responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, road mapping, and maintaining the IT infrastructure's systems, hardware, and software at the Distribution Centers. This role guarantees the efficient operation, availability, and performance of computer resources to meet the Company's needs and aligns with technology changes driven by business initiatives.
Provides technical support and completes project tasks for server, workstation, and network systems.
Leads software and hardware projects and implementations.
Performs daily system monitoring, ensuring integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, and processes. Reviews system and application logs, taking corrective action when necessary.
Contributes innovative improvements and automates system administration tasks where possible. Identifies new approaches, recommends changes for company growth, and aligns with existing resources.
Independently applies patches and upgrades to systems and configures new services for security maintenance.
Contributes to and maintains operational procedures according to Company standards. Applies ITSM best practices using a services and support ticketing system.
Supports local computer network, Data Center systems hardware, and Windows workstation and server OS. Provides administrator support for troubleshooting and correcting server system problems.
Performs performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization on all systems.
Conducts periodic performance reporting for capacity and life-cycle planning.
Collaborates with IT Manager, DC Management teams, and business partners for effective communication and implementation.
Partner with IT counterparts to evaluate, identify and recommend technology improvements.
Develops trusted relationships, maintains documentation, mentors team members, and provides after-hours support for emergencies, including occasional weekend support on a rotating schedule.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience directly related to the role.
- At least 3 years of directly related systems and/or application experience in a Systems Admin role.
- Microsoft Certified (MCITP or MSCA) preferred.
- VMWare / Nutanix Certified (VCA, VCAP, or VCIE) a plus.
- High degree of knowledge with systems such as AS400, ManH WMS, AIX, ManH LMS, Microsoft (MS Server and Workstation OS), SCCM/Intune, Virtualization (VMWare/Nutanix), Linux, and Networking technologies is required.
- In depth knowledge for current network hardware, protocols, and standards and dependencies for LAN connectivity.
- Demonstrated ability to keep up to date on new software/hardware technology and other advancements relating to industry trends.
- Demonstrate Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures as they relate to security and compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel and others.
- Occasional travel required for implementations, migrations, or upgrades at remote sites.
- Ability to be on call evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Northern Tool + Equipment we’ve created a problem-solver’s paradise. A place where both pros who need the perfect tool to expertly finish the job, and do-it-yourselfers, who are looking for the right tool along with a bit of guidance, feel right at home. Our blueprint for success is Made for This. We’re poised to create a world-class customer experience while we strive to enter new markets and drive growth through exceptional customer insight. The plan is well on its way to resounding success, with over 130 retail stores across 24 states, plus a selection of products from the top national brands, and the addition of global manufacturing operations designed to create our own specialized tools and equipment. We’ve always had a way of either seeing what’s next, or defining it, but we need great people to grow along with us. We're looking for people who have the mindset of putting the customer first; team members who are ready to equip every problem solver who walks through our doors with the right tools and advice to tackle the tough jobs well; and individuals who are ready to help us boldly build what’s next.
Recently recognized by Forbes as a Top Midsize Employer in 2023, we proudly offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package to cover healthcare, retirement, and wellness programs to help you be your best self financially and physically.
- Generous Employee Discount on the products we sell.
- Daily Pay: Have the flexibility to be paid daily!
- 401K with employer match
- Holidays off NTE recognizes 7 federal holidays.